What I Know for Sure
For this first post, I'm going to keep it very simple. There are a few things that I know for sure after 28 years of life, and especially after soul searching for the last six years. I have come up with a pretty good list (I love lists). I want to share it with you all:
- Don't ever limit God (the universe or energy) because you are scared.
- Your family (or the people you call family) are the most important people in your life.
- YOU are THE most important person in your life.
- Drink a lot of water. (Great skin is just one benefit.)
- Never take any wooden nickels (Thanks Maw Maw).
- Moisturize twice a day.
- Have the freaking slice of cake.
- Tell your mom (or mother figure) you love her.
- Life is so short stop carrying around stuff you don't need.
- You can't worry and be faithful.
- Laugh every chance you get.
- Stop and look up at the sky sometimes it will show you how small you really are in the scheme of things.
- No one notices your imperfections like you think they do.
- Cry if you need to cry but do not pity yourself.
- Heartbreak hurts like hell--but it's the best catalyst for learning.
- Your parents aren't perfect. Neither are you.
- You don't have to participate in anyone treating you poorly. Get up and walk away.
- There is peace in being alone.
- Exfoliate your body (thank me later).
- It is okay to be selfish (there's a healthy way to do it).
I'll be adding and modifying this list my entire life. As I sit here, there are even more I can think of but I figure this is a good start. Have you started a list? Are there lessons that you KNOW FOR SURE? How do you know a lesson for sure--you don't make the mistake or misunderstanding anymore. A little homework: make a list of things you know for sure. You'll surprise yourself. Share them with your friends or don't. Leave some in the comments! I would love to read them.
Thank you for joining me again.